Service Technician -Plumbing/HVAC/ AC/Oil
Job Location: Chatham, Massachusetts
Primary specialty area Plumbing, secondary specialty area AC/Oil
Description: General Service Technician – Service Department
Provide service for troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance of residential and light commercial plumbing and HVAC systems
This position reports to the Service department manager or General Manager in department manager’s absence
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Serves existing accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; conducting tests; resolving problems.
• Establishes service by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing acceptance tests.
• Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
• Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
• Maintains customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Accomplishes operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
What We OFFER!
Competitive Wages * Health insurance * Company paid life insurance
Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday days * Retirement Company Match *
Uniform-Education Reimbursement * Bonus Eligible Position* Company Vehicle
DOE plus Benefits
W. Vernon Whiteley Inc, Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning
About The Company:
W. Vernon Whiteley Plumbing & Heating Co, Inc, is a 3rd generation family owned and operated company that was established in 1952. Our honesty and integrity, our professional and high quality workmanship has created a high demand for our services. We are continually looking to fill many positions on our team for both lower cape and upper cape/south shore divisions. We have been the plumbing and HVAC company of choice with customers for 62 years, and we will continue to be for generations to come.
• Field experience in servicing of residential plumbing and HVAC equipment of 3 years
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to work overtime/weekends during peak seasons
• Participates in a regular “on call/duty” rotation for after hours emergency service
• Technical training in plumbing and HVAC repairs/maintenance
• Knowledge and proficient use of power hand tools
• Physical abilities:
§ Lifting of 20-30 pounds regularly, 50 pounds occasionally
§ Operating hand tools on 4-8 foot ladder
§ Overhead work regularly
§ Bending, standing, squatting, crawling, reaching regularly
• General skills such as: Judgment, Client Relationships, Equipment Maintenance, Reporting Skills, Confidentiality, Quality Focus, Results Driven, Supply Management, Informing Others