Facilities Maintenance Manager
Job Location: Martinez, CA
The Contra Costa County Public Works Department invites all qualified individuals to apply for the Facilities Maintenance Manager position, which is located in Martinez, CA.
This position is responsible for organizing and directing all activities of the Facilities Maintenance Division in Public Works. A thorough knowledge of building systems/equipment, industry specific technology, and public agency budget development and administration is needed in order to be successful in this role.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
• Ability to cope with varied and changing priorities
• Uses a collaborative approach to supervise a diverse/wide range of positions
• Ability to provide immediate, ongoing, and constructive feedback to subordinate personnel in a professional manner
• Effective in communicating in multiple modalities (written, verbal, non-verbal)
• Adaptive to varying work environments and priorities
• Capability to effectively interact with a wide range/variety of customers and customer demands
• Knowledge of industry safety orders, Occupational Safety and Health Act, and safe work practices
To read the complete job description, please visit the website, www.cccounty.us/hr. The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for six months.
TENTATIVE EXAM DATES
Tentative Oral Exam: July 25, 2017
Contra Costa County Human Resources
About The Company:
Contra Costa County is dedicated to providing public services which improve the quality of life of our residents and the economic viability of our businesses.
Contra Costa County is recognized as a world-class service organization where innovation and partnerships merge to enable our residents to enjoy a safe, healthy and prosperous life.
Contra Costa County serves people, businesses and communities. Our organization and each one of our employees value:
• Clients and communities
• Fiscal prudence
• Quality Services
• Organizational excellence
License Required: Possession of a valid California motor vehicle operator’s license. Out of state valid motor vehicle operator’s license will be accepted during the applicant process.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business Administration, Public Administration, Engineering, or a related field.
Experience: Four (4) years of full-time (or the equivalency of full-time) journey-level experience in maintaining, repairing or remodeling building utility systems or HVAC systems, two (2) years of which was in a supervisory capacity.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience of the type noted above may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
1. Application Filing: All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date.
2. Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
3. Oral Interview: Conducted by a Qualifications Appraisal Board who will evaluate candidates in job-related areas. Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score, in order to be ranked on the employment list. (Weighted 100%)
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices. As part of the application process, an applicant may be required to complete a Conviction History form. The Conviction History form should only be submitted when requested.